"Overcoming poverty is not a task of charity, it is an act of justice. Like Slavery and Apartheid, poverty is not natural. It is man-made and it can be overcome and eradicated by the actions of human beings. Sometimes it falls on a generation to be great. YOU can be that great generation. Let your greatness blossom.”
Here's what happens
When you join the GettingGives Community and subscribe to get all of your daily deals from Groupon, Living Social, CrowdSavings and many more, you get ONE consolidated daily deals e-mail that includes all the coupon deal companies with all the deals for your postal/zip code, eliminating a whole number of extra e-mails you might be receiving.
When you buy a Groupon or other deal you pay there regular price but they give GettingGives a commission and My Arms Wide Open gets 50% of that commission as a donation and there is no additional cost to you, the 'Groupon' purchaser.
All Proceeds Are Split 50/50
The exact amount varies by deal, but GettingGives splits all proceeds 50/50 with your favorite cause.
On average, GettingGives receives a 10% commission on every deal sold. In other words, when you buy a $20 deal GettingGives will receive $2 and make a $1 donation to your favorite cause!
No Additional Costs
Get the exact same deal at the exact same price, but give back every time you buy!
What to do?
1. Click on the link http://gettinggives.com/users/new?charity_id=36
2. Join the GettingGives community on the right of the GettingGives page you land on - your Charity is automatically selected as My Arms Wide Open.
3. Subscribe to Daily Deals and/or National Deals daily messages by entering you ZIP or Postal Code.
4. Confirm your e-mail and you are set to go.
5. Remember to set your preferences for the kinds of deals you are interested in and what Coupon companies you would like besides Groupons.
...and remember that by doing what you normally do buying a dialy deal or Groupon you get to support the My Arms Wide Open causes at NO additional cost to you simply by making a purchase of a Groupon or other daily deal.
What will your activity support?
You will be supporting our current initiatives in rural African communities:
- Supporting girls to be able to stay in school - Pads4Girls
- My World in a Garden - Vertical Food Gardens
- Community Leadership Development - Iziko Labahlali
- Berknek Community Projects - One Brick at a Time.
Get Involved with our Causes and Projects
- Make a donation to support the overall community initiatives or any part of them;
- Get to South Africa - Join us on the next trip and help build the project from the ground up.
Although My Arms Wide Open is a Canadian Federally Registered Charity, we work with two fiscal agents for donation purposes. In Canada we partner with Tides Canada and in the United States we partner with GlobalGiving, where we have two active projects listed that you can donate to and get a tax receipt issued which are connected to this initiative: My World in a Garden and our collaboration with Pads4Girls.
The My Arms Wide Open™ Charitable Foundation, was established to provide support and collaboration with mothers, children, and youth in South Africa, enabling them to build sustainable communities and responsible businesses. With stronger families, communities emerge as a solid foundation for society. In the process they re-engage fathers to repair the family unit. In our definition, mothers include women who are caring for children and include child-led households, working within the pre-teen and teen groups. Fathers include the fathers, young males and adult males within the community.
Manzimvula® is a values-based as a consulting practice and a Certified B Corporation, and specializes in sustainability and corporate responsibility. To stimulate ingenuity and create growth, we work alongside our clients, guiding them through our Purposeful Path to Sustainability Program™ utilizing our Integrative Strategy Approach™ to help them engage their organization at a deeper level to understand mindset and create alignment with core strategies and principles.