Throughout South Africa, poverty is preventing rural and urban communities from growing, developing and making healthy progress. My Arms Wide Open works to reverse this trend by providing young adults and women with training in entrepreneurial skills that will benefit their communities. We use existing resources, supplemented by unavailable resources and supported by training, education, funding and community-based mentors and coaches.
My Business, My Community responds to the specific needs of each community using the fundamental principles of small business loans and professional support services to create a solid platform for future development and growth. The needs of each community shape the types of enterprises that are established, ensuring sustainable demand.
My Arms Wide Open’s small business banking rates are lower than other similar programs and support the entrepreneurs in growing their businesses effectively. The program provides ongoing professional business services as the small enterprise grows.
My Business My Community provides opportunities for participants to learn:
- Basic business management
- Leadership skills
- Networking and communications
- Quality assurance and customer service
- Bartering for goods and services
- Creating accountability
- Transitioning from micro-enterprise to community
enterprise or enterprise
- Business reporting requirements
Business opportunities will continue to evolve, but include:
- Micro-enterprise for urban and community gardening
- Community kitchens
- Creches and after-school centres
- Low Cost Private Schools
- Seniors activity centres
- Recycling and composting
- Home building
- Furniture making
- Electrical services and repair
- Manzimvula Ventures, Inc.
- The Sustainability Institute
- Champions of the Environment Foundation
- Vital Edge Consulting
- Gardens in a Bottle
- My World, My Garden – My World In A Garden™
- My Family, My Community
My World My Garden next >