Be Part of the Solution
My Arms Wide Open’s goal is bold: raise an investment trust fund of $100 million. Enabling the foundation to provide the long-term support that is required to bring about sustained change.
We are actively seeking support from caring organizations and individuals who want to be part of our transformational project to empower women, children and communities in South Africa.
Here’s how you can get involved:
Canada: We are grateful to the caring individuals who give generously to My Arms Wide Open. Contributions can be designated to a specific program. My Arms Wide Open is a Canadian Registered Charity - BN/Registration # 82265 8068 RR0001.
United States: My Arms Wide Open partners with GlobalGiving.org to allow us to provide receipts for donations that are tax deductible in the United States. We list specific projects on their site, which you can find by searching for "My Arms Wide Open" on the site. You can make contributions in a variety of increments depending on the project.
Making a Cash or Security based donation directly to My Arms Wide Open, General Fund from the United States for amounts greater thatn $1,000: US residents can donate through our partner Tides Canada - My Arms Wide Open Fund by clicking US Donation Form on their site and downloading and completing the form. To access the donation form click on one of the red donate icons and the form will safely and easily allow you to begin a donation program with My Arms Wide Open.
Here’s how US donors can receive a Tax receipt for contributing to My Arms Wide Open:
- Donors with U.S.-sourced income can contribute to the Tides Canada Exchange Fund at Tides Foundation, a 501(c)(3) registered charity in the United States.
- You request that Tides Foundation makes a grant recommendation to Tides Canada Foundation - My Arms Wide Open.
- Within three to six weeks of receiving the donation, Tides Foundation provides you with an acknowledgment receipt that can be used for U.S. income tax purposes.
- Within four to six weeks, My Arms Wide Open receives a grant for the CDN dollar equivalent of the U.S. dollar gift less 2%.
- All donations must be $1,000 USD or greater.
You can donate to the organization as a whole and we will allocate funds accordingly to the areas that need it most. Or you can select any of the five Causes to support directly.
- Corporate Partnerships: My Arms Wide Open works closely with corporate partners & organizations to identify, design and implement opportunities that leverage the strengths of the corporate sector and their organizational communities to support the communities, children and mothers of South Africa.Find out more.
- In-Kind Support: We welcome contributions such as:
- Goods: technology, software, furniture and office and household equipment and building supplies
- Consumables: food, seeds and water
- Services: meeting space, mail services and administrative and/or financial support
- Expertise: legal, tax or business advice
- Infrastructure support
- Donations in Kind - Canada and the United States - Sign up on GettingGives coupon consolidation for "Groupons" as well as a number of other discount coupon companies.
- Donations in Kind - United States - Donate used or obsolete compter and electronic equipment through our partner YouChange. For more details take a look at our blog post about the My Arms Wide Open and youchange partnership.
My Business My Community
Taking care of business: We provide training in entrepreneurial skills for women and young adults. Supported by micro-loans and professional services, they shape enterprises that create sustainable demand.
Go to more information >
My World My Garden (My World In A Garden®)
Engaging every age level of the community, this program delivers lifelong skills that enable communities to create and nourish organic sustainable micro-gardens. In addition to feeding communities, My World, My Garden teaches nutrition and healthy eating habits, and works with schools to ensure the most vulnerable are provide for.
2,500 Opportunties to support the My Arms Wide Open Food Security Program
The My Arms Wide Open 2,500 Opportunities Appeal is focused on food security and providing support for children and their families in the communities we serve by giving donors the opportunity to sponsor one or more of the vegetable or fruit plants in our Vertical Food Gardens under our My World My Garden Cause. Click on our 'What's New' link to see the latest updates about the Cause.
The My Arms Wide Open Vertical Food Gardens are built right in the communities we serve. They not only provide fresh vegetables and fruit for the children and their families but also provide education about growing, caring for, harvesting and preparing vegetables for the children through our children's education program. The video slideshow below will give you more information about the project in Bergnek, South Africa and there's more about the Ray-Cam wall on our 'What's New' section of the My World, My Garden Cause home page. Watch the Video Slidehow here.
Each wall contains up to 2,500 plants that the children tend and care for and ultimately harvest to help them get the vital nutrients and fresh vegetables they need. We are grateful for donors and sponsors like you. By sponsoring a plant in the wall on a quarterly basis you are supporting the maintenance of the wall and the plants as well as, and more importantly, the education, food needs and well being of the children on an ongoing basis.
My Family My Community
Improved social services will help build strong families and strong communities. This program engages the community itself through its members and leaders to develop the basic skills needed to establish a healthy and self-sustaining community network.
Go to more information >
My First Steps My Path
My First Steps My Path encourages children to be lifelong learners. Through support of daycares, kindergarten, after school programs and school curricula, we work to improve access to quality education. This will create a new generation of informed, educated citizens who make a meaningful contribution to their community while supporting social change.
My Mentor My Coach
Our innovative and highly effective Community Builder program develops community leaders through training, mentoring and coaching that is supported over the long term. The program results in increased employment, entrepreneurship, collaboration and community commitment. Futures are changed because individuals gain tools to help them change the way they think about their lives.